Saturday, October 11, 2014

Three Day Update, Plethora of Moves

omg first place still
So after three days, I've still managed to keep hold of first place, despite my team sucking bag! I don't think it will last very long, maybe not even past tonight [although I am optimistic], so I'm going to relish it while I can.

I've decided to counteract my "missed the draft" handicap by trying to get goalie points nightly. I'm going to run two goalie starts daily mixed with a full line-up of the B- and C-graded centres left from the waiver pile. Jaro Halak and Roberto Luongo have already joined my team, and I'm hopeful that I can stream in another goalie whenever I have an off-night for the other four clowns.

One douchebag GM who actually had two useful players managed to stop stuffing his face with Hot Pockets long enough to click accept on my trade proposal: Patrick Kane goes to him for Nathan MacKinnon. Mac should've been able to get me some face-off wins, and has the RW eligibilty I need to fill slots.

UNFORTUNATELY, it was too good to be true: the sons of bitches GMs in the league vetoed the trade. What a god damn joke. I called them out on this but none of these cowards have responded, beyond one guy who claimed innocence. That will be addressed further in the next post, about all the little jibes back and forth between myself and a relatively smart guy, and another GM who STILL doesn't get it.

I unfortunately do not see myself being able to trade my way into better players. Yes, there are a handful of fuckwit GMs who have no clue what the hell they're doing, even when it's directly written in nice point form for them [seriously, this happened and one of them STILL argued that the strategy was stupid], but the amount of good centres that are remotely tradeable and are not on the two powerhouse teams is slim: Joe Thornton, Pavel Datsyuk, Paul Stastny, and Henrik Sedin. That's seriously it. And all of these guys are exclusively "C", which is the one area that I don't need them to be.

Well hey who gives a shit I'm in first fuckin place.

No comments:

Post a Comment